BARF logo: Never surrender. Never submit.

       Reports of LA Gang Connections to McCartney
(December 8, 1997, by Mike Doughney)

Subject:      Reports of LA Gang Connections to McCartney
From:         Mike Doughney <mike@mtd.com>
Date:         1997/12/08
Newsgroups:   soc.religion.christian.promisekeepers

> I'd be interested in hearing reaction from this newsgroup
> to the ABC/ESPN inevestigative report on the pipeline
> which apparently ran from the Los Angeles Crips and Bloods
> to Mike McCartney's national championship football team
> at the University of Colorado.

Well, as I see it, people who run authoritarian, cell-structured
groups, if they're not in open conflict with each other, tend to stick
together.  As an example, it's recently been revealed that Jerry
Falwell was bailed out by Sun Myung Moon's empire; the fact that they
have seemingly contradictory beliefs doesn't stop them from sharing
resources and having very similar long-term goals - that being the
establishment of a theocratic government.

Same thing goes for McCartney.  He probably thinks gang members are
more receptive to his style of leadership.  Conflicts with their
beliefs, or the ethics of recruiting gang members, are secondary to
his goal of leading a winning team.

Determining the consequences of someone like that running an
organization with the size and apparent influence of the Promise
Keepers is left as an exercise for the reader.

Mike Doughney
Biblical America Resistance Front
www.barf.org
---
Posted by Moderator of soc.religion.christian.promisekeepers
Posting submission address: pkpost@webchamps.com
Requests or admin  address: pkadmin@webchamps.com
Charter at <http://www.webchamps.com/promisekeepers/>

Top of page Home Article Index Our Mission
Archive About Us Links Contact Us

Copyright © 1998 BARF